Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'm 41, I'm the first wave of Gen X, and you bet your ass I'm pissed.

Welcome to the inaugural post of my blog. A lot of people seem to use these things as personal journals, that is, if you can consider standing virtually naked before the entire world and spilling your guts to be personal. If that's why you surfed in, do yourself a favour and ride the next wave out. I want no part in feeding your nasty little voyeuristic predilections. If you must satisfy those, I'm sure that Paris Hilton is out there somewhere in Reality TV land waiting just for you.


So here's the deal. A strange thing happened sometime during the last six years. The country that I knew and loved was hijacked. (Note To NSA Data-Miners: Use of the word 'hijack' is not meant as an endorsement of the technique) It's like I woke up one day and found myself in that old "Bizzaro World" Saturday Night Live sketch. Gas is over $3.00/gallon, we're being spied on by our government, it's o.k. to leak the names of undercover CIA operatives to the media, torture is an acceptable interrogation technique, and the two most critical issues facing the United States today are the possibilities that homosexuals may someday marry and that someone may burn a flag.


What The Hell Happened?


That's what this blog is about. This is my forum to rant, rave, cajole and maybe goad a few of you into action. I'll write when I see fit and you'll read whenever the mood strikes you. And maybe, just maybe, we might even start to turn things around.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Fracchia said...

Thanks for your comment. Whoever thought 40 would be like this? Most of the time I feel like I'm at a professional wrestling event. The villians appear so cartoonish that they couldn't possibly be real!

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No kidding it is depressing. Though, through every little effort, people are trying to make some kind of a change. EVERYONE needs to get involved and make sure Democrats and Independants make significant gains in November.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home